Taking the Exam
The testing experience
The NPCP certification exam consists of 125, multiple choice questions, that is offered at testing centers worldwide in a computer-based format (CBT) or online, with virtual proctoring in the comfort of your home or office.
In both formats, candidates are allowed 3 hours and the necessary space and privacy to complete the exam. For a more detailed description on what to expect, please refer to the Candidate Handbook.
Test taking tips:
- First and foremost, relax.
- Don’t over analyze.
- Read all the given answers carefully.
- Eliminate the obvious incorrect answers.
- Answer all questions. There is no penalty for guessing.
- Choose the best answer from among the most probable correct answers.
- Take note of terms like BEST, MOST, LEAST, etc. Make sure you understand the question.
- Answer the easy questions and move on; you can always come back to the more challenging questions.
Structure of a multiple-choice question:
A multiple-choice question consists of a question (stem) and 4 potential answers (responses).
The question can appear as a direct question, an incomplete statement requiring the correct ending, and various other formats using terms like BEST, MOST, EXCEPT, NOT, etc. No matter what the format, there is only one correct answer. In multiple-choice exams, it is common for two answers to seem correct. It is important to keep in mind that the best answer is the right answer.